Sunday 16 January 2011

Evaluation Activity 6:

What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?










This is all the equipment I used during the course of filming and editing my media project, the top two pictures are what I used to help film my final product, the camera was very important as it allowed me to film my video and audio shots, despite the size of it, it was very easy to move about and get the distorted shots I wanted for some of my scenes, it was able to do this as it was really light in weight, it was also very benefitting when it came to filming the over the shoulder shots, as I could hold it up for as long as I needed.  If I had, had a bigger camera, this could have made filming quite awkward. Even though I didn't use the tripod, this would have helped me get a steady shot, but as I wanted quite shaky and distorted shots, I went without using this, but if I could go back to filming it, I would have definitely used it on the running in scene.

The first photo on the next line is the Apple Mac computer I used for all my editing, I would say that this is the best computer to use for tasks like this, as it is a very fast and powerful machine, it allowed me to split screen things, so that I could see two things at once, like if I needed to use the internet to refresh myself on what I was looking for, and I could also have my editing program up at the same time. It would have taken me a lot longer if I had to use a normal machine, as Apple Macs are designed to run fast and be able to multitask programs, instead of the Windows Machine that would require me to open and close programs.


The last photo is of the editing program I used to edit it and to finish it all off, this program is called Adobe Premier Pro, I used this program the most during production, I used it all the way from capturing my clips, to putting in my final title, and also putting in all my transitions and effects. Seeing that I had only used the software twice, it was going to take some getting used to, but I learnt a lot during editing, like how to put different transitions in, how to use of own font and how to play with the audio so it sounds how you want it to sound. I also learnt that if a clip's brightness came out wrong, you could fix it with an effect, to make it seem lighter or darker, to fit how you wanted it. One of the main things I learnt was that you could cut your chosen music down, to fit when you wanted it to, and then you could fade it out so it didn't come to an abrupt stop.




















 Both of these pictures are screenshots of the audio parts of my film, the top one shows when the ambient music I chose first comes in, up until that moment, the background music is a heartbeat gradually getting faster, this dies out and then my chosen music comes in, my music is a song composed by my friends band, off their latest Extended Play (EP) I asked for permission first as it is their song.
I made it come in at this point as it is when all the drama begins to unfold. The whole song is 2:10, but I wanted to cut it down as I didn't want my actors having to act just so I could fill blanks in, it was a very tricky song to cut down as it has been produced so that it flows easily, and i had to make sure after I cut a section out that the two other parts flowed together when I put them together. This took a lot of time but I finally got in the end.  When my main title comes up at the end, my original idea was to make the last beat fit with it disappearing, but I changed this to it gradually fading out, as it didn't allow enough time for the audience to read it through.

The bottom picture is the volume controls of my audio sound, when I first put the audio in, the volume was quite loud, so I had to edit this, as you wouldn't be able to hear my actors dialog.

No comments:

Post a Comment